Marcus Davis to Fight Kajan Johnson April 8th at MFC 29

Tuesday, March 1, 2011


By FCF Staff

It didn’t take long for well traveled and resilient veteran Marcus Davis to find another fight, just weeks removed from his UFC release, as the Maximum Fighting Championship has announced that he will fight Kajan Johnson, April 8th. The bout will take place at the promotion’s 29th event, “Conquer at The Colosseum”, which will be hosted by Caesar’s Windsor, in Windsor, Ontario.

“I’m a fighter who wears his heart on his sleeve. I go out and give it all I’ve got to be entertaining. I think my style fits very well with the MFC,” Davis said in the press release announcing his MFC debut.

Davis (17-8) will enter the MFC ring having been stopped in back-to-back bouts to Nate Diaz and most recently Jeremy Stephens, after scoring a TKO win over Jonathan Goulet at UFC 113 last May. During the 36 year-old-fighter’s time with the UFC, Davis went 9-6.

“I think the MFC lightweight division is stacked but there’s no doubt I’m the best striker,” the former pro boxer was quoted saying. “That’s what I’m going to bring. I’m going to get right in there. I’m looking forward to coming in and making a big splash.”

In Johnson (18-11-1), Davis will face one of Canada’s top lightweights, who has gone 7-2-1 in his last ten fights. Most recently, at MFC 27 last November, Johnson dominated veteran Ryan Healy for the unanimous decision win. Johnson’s only losses since 2005 have come against Ryan Machan and current UFC welterweight Rory MacDonald.

MFC 29, which will mark the promotion’s first event in the Province of Ontario, will be broadcast on HDNet.