Bellator Confirms Adam Schindler for Featherweight Tourney

Friday, April 29, 2011

By FCF Staff, photo courtesy Bellator FC

Bellator Fighting Championships has confirmed that Strikeforce veteran Adam Schindler will compete in the promotion’s featherweight tournament this summer. The tourney’s opening round quarter-finals will take place June 25th in Hollywood, Florida.

Schindler (9-1) will return to Bellator having won six straight fights. The Air Force vet competed for Bellator last May and scored a unanimous decision win over Brian Melancon. The two-time West Virginia State Wrestling Champion is coming off a split decision win over Marc Ramirez in December, after submitting Kierre Gooch at Strikeforce’s “Houston” card last August.

“I'm just ready to get in that cage and win,” Schindler was quoted saying in the official announcement. “This is the time where I take the step from everyone around me knowing how good I am, to everyone seeing how good I am all across the country. This is my chance to shine.”

“Adam was impressive at Bellator 20, and he makes a great addition to this stacked featherweight tournament,” said Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney. “Our Summer Series shows are going to be great, and I can’t wait to kick things off at the Seminole Hard Rock on June 25th.”

All of Bellator's cards in 2011 are broadcast live on MTV 2.