GSP vs. Koscheck II Official for December 11th

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

By FCF Staff  The Ultimate Fighting Championship has announced today, that as expected, welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre will fight Josh Koscheck for the second time, December 11th, in Montreal, Quebec. UFC 124 will be hosted by Montreal’s Bell Centre.

The two welterweights, who coached opposite one another in the current season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” fought for the first time in August, 2007, when St.Pierre dominated Koscheck for the unanimous decision win.

“I’m so happy that I get to fight Josh Koscheck in front of my home crowd,” St-Pierre (pictured left) was quoted saying in a press release from the promotion. “He was very disrespectful during the filming of The Ultimate Fighter and I didn’t say a word. Now on December 11, I get to answer back with my fists. Last time I fought in Montreal, it was so loud the Octagon was shaking. I know the crowd will be even louder for this fight.”

“I’m excited about the fight,” Koscheck said. “It’s a big rematch for me and in life you don't get second chances that often so I plan on taking advantage of this second chance. I am training every aspect of the game and can't wait to go fight in December and bring that belt back to the States. I will put on a show like I always do.”
St. Pierre (20-2) will head into the December 11th bout having won 7 straight; most recently he worked his way to a UD victory over Dan Hardy in March.
Koscheck (15-4) has gone 6-2 since losing to GSP; in May the accomplished wrestler scored a dominant, unanimous decision win over Paul Daley.