Thomas vs. Wallhead Added to Bellator 32

Friday, October 8, 2010


By FCF Staff    Bellator Fighting Championships has announced that welterweight Ryan Thomas will fight Jim Wallhead at the promotion’s upcoming October 14th event in Kansas City. The card will take place at the Kansas City Power & Light District and will be broadcast live on Fox Sports Net. (Pictured above- Thomas (l) and Wallhead)

Thomas (11-5) is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Ben Askren in May, after stopping Jacob McClintock in the first round at Bellator 15 in April. The UFC vet is 2-3 in his last five fights.

“After my last loss to Askren, it really left a bad taste in my mouth and made me change my game and really commit to the sport,” Thomas was quoted saying in the official announcement. “I would love to take out Jim in this fight, get a chance to compete in the Season 4 Welterweight Tournament, and get another shot at Ben.”

Wallhead (19-5) will head into the Oct.14th bout having won seven straight fights. The British fighter had been scheduled to compete in Bellator’s welterweight tourney this past spring; however, the volcanic eruptions in Iceland prevented him from travelling to the U.S.

“In my only other fight in America, I lost a tough one, so I’m really excited to put on a good show in front of the fans,” said Wallhead. “I’ve grown a lot since that last fight, and hopefully fans see that.”