Zac George Confirmed for Bellator Featherweight Tourney

Wednesday, January 26, 2011


By FCF Staff; photo courtesy Bellator FC

Bellator FC continues to unveil the line-up for the promotion’s upcoming featherweight tourney, as the promotion has confirmed that Team Quest vet Zac George will participate in the competition. The Season Four tournament, which will be broadcast on MTV 2, will begin in March.

“Zac George finishes fights and often finishes them early.  Anyone he faces in our Featherweight tournament this March will need to be at the very top of their game to hope to get out with a victory,” said Bellator chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney in the official announcement.

George (20-3) will head into his Bellator debut having won six straight. The experienced kickboxer and boxer hasn’t fought since October, 2009, when he submitted Bryan Goldsby at a C3 Fights event.

“I've wanted to fight for Bellator for a while now,” said George. “It's an exciting weight class and Bellator has a bunch of really talented fighters with records similar to mine. They're hungry guys looking for their shot and they all want to go out there to beat some people up and make some money. I'm really excited about it.”

“It's going to mean the world to me “when” I win this tournament,” George said. “There is no "if" in my mind. I wouldn't enter this thing if I didn't know that I was going to go out there and stomp on some guys. I'm going to go out there and put on some exciting fights, beat these guys up, and make a living while I'm at it.”

The 27 year-old George is the second man to be confirmed for the featherweight tourney, joining the undefeated Eric Larkin (3-0).