Marcos Galvao to Compete in Bellator Season 5

Tuesday, May 3, 2011


By FCF Staff

Just weeks removed from his controversial, unanimous decision loss to Bellator Featherweight Champion Joe Warren on April 16th, the promotion has announced that it has signed Marcos Galvao to a long term contract. The 29 year-old-fighter will compete in Bellator’s upcoming Season Five bantamweight tourney.

“After going blow for blow with our Featherweight Champion Joe Warren, there was really no doubt we wanted Galvao back with Bellator,” Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney was quoted saying in the official announcement. “In Bellator, fighters control their own destiny, and after the performance Marcos put on at Bellator 41, he definitely earned a spot in our bantamweight tournament.”

Galvao (9-4-1) will return to Bellator having gone 3-2 in his last five fights, with his only other loss during that stretch coming against Damacio Page at WEC 39. The Nova Uniao will hope to work his way back to a rematch with Warren, who is also dropping to 135lbs. and will apparently compete in the upcoming bantamweight tourney.

“I definitely don't believe I lost my fight with Joe Warren,” said Galvao. “I want a rematch just in case there was doubt in the first fight. I'll clear up those doubts the second time around.”

“I'm extremely excited to show the world that I can compete and win at this top level here with Bellator,” said Galvao. “Fans were able to see what I brought to the table the first time around against Joe Warren, and there's a lot more where that came from.”